Can’t decide what snack to bring to your bbq session? Worry not today let’s explore about 6 bbq snacks that you must try. If you don’t try these snacks then you will miss a lot of favors that barbeque can offer you.
Chicken from the old times has been one of the best bbq snacks since it provides a high amount of protein and chicken can also be cooked in many different ways. Chicken is also more affordable than the other types of meats. So not trying chicken will only lead to one’s own loss.
Some tips to follow while cooking chicken:
- Chicken can easily be overcooked which will then make it dry, so to prevent that, cook the skin side first for 5-6 minutes then flip it and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- The recommended internal temperature of chicken after being cooked is approximately 73 degree celsius.
One more meat which you can’t just dare to miss is steak. Steaks are full of amazing flavors.
These are usually best when cooked medium-rare to rare, however it all depends upon your personal preferances.
Tips you might need while cooking steak:
- Cooking your steak for around 2 minutes per side on high heat should be the option. After it’s done, lower the heat to medium and start cooking for another 2-3 minutes each side.
- Apply some oil on steak before cooking since steak can easily be sticky to the grill.
Sausages are one of the best fit for barbeque since they are easy to cook and they are most of the guest’s favorites. Not bbq sausages is the worst crime a barbeque lover can do in their life, so make sure to not break the law.
Some tips for cooking sausages:
- Don’t separate the sausages, keep them intact, separating them will only lead them to get dry which will make the sausages flavors worse.
- If you want to BBQ sausages in around 20 minutes, cook them on a stove or roast them inside the oven. You can also try to cook sausages on the grill for around 10 minutes.
- Grilled Prawns:
Grilled Prawns are the best healthy seafood option that is another great bbq snack. Prawns is a protein source which is low in fat and calories. It also contains nutrients that are selenium, vitamin B12 and phosphorus and it’s also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Tips to follow while cooking prawns:
- Prawns should be cooked on the grill for about 2 minutes each side.
- Wrap them in aluminum foil to prevent them from sticking on the grill and you can also pre marinade your prawns.
- BBQ Lamb Chops:
If you are looking for something unique then other bbq snacks then Lamb chops is the one you will love. Lambs are very rich in protein and they also contain nutrients like iron, zinc and vitamin B12.
Tips recommended for cooking Lamb Chops:
- Lamb chops are best when cooked on a heated grill for about 3-4 minutes each side.
- It’s also recommended to use a meat thermometer to ensure that they are cooked to your own personal liking preferences.
- Pork Chops:
Got bored of other meats? Then try pork chops. Pork is very rich in protein and it also consists of nutrients like zinc, iron and thiamin.
Helpful tips for cooking pork chops:
- Pork chops are best when cooked for about 5-15 minutes each side with the lid on.
- They can easily be overcooked so make sure to watch your timing and the temperature so as to not overcook them.
Obviously for cooking the best bbq snacks, you will also need the best grillers that are available on Kankay BBQs and Grills.